e Journey to South Town in the King William’s District of down town San Antonio. We arrived at Brick in the Blue Star complex, an art venue known for hosting special events, live performances, Indie movies, and dancing. On a beautiful Sunday afternoon we found ourselves in the middle of a fast paced, upbeat, and eclectic art market. We meet up with World Renowned Visual Artist and San Antonio Native Franco Mondini-Ruiz as he painted our portrait and spoke to us about the love + hustle + celebration of the unique culture of San Antonio, the urban art Scene, and his observation on life.
His art success ::
- juried into the Whitney Biennial of American Art (the art world’s version of the All-Star Game)
- awarded the very prestigious Rome Prize
- published the art book, High Pink: Tex-Mex Fairy Tales
- Poodles & Pastries (and Other Important Matters): New Paintings by Franco Mondini-Ruiz. The fourth installment of the NEW FRONTIERS Series for Contemporary Art, Poodles & Pastries at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- His work also resides in important national and international collections all around the world.